Cylinder Heads- 1275

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cylinder Heads- 1275
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:42:54 EST
I just pulled the 1275 out of my Bugeye for a rebuild.  I want to get some
more horsepower out of it, but keep a comfortable idle, and good low end
power.
I had an LCB header, 2" pipe, with glasspacks on it.  I picked up, through
the list, a 40 DCOE Weber, with an aluminum intake (Canon, I think), about 3
1/2- 4" long to use.

Minimania has a Longman unleaded head, fully assembled, with "street
porting", for $800.    Moss, etc, has an aluminum head , that claims to have
an equal porting job, " 35% more efficient than stock (airflow)".  I read
that the aluminum head has a thicker base, and must be skimmed to reduce the
combustion chambers to 21cc.

Which is the better way to go?
Should I stick with the stock pistons, or go to a higher compression ratio?
Remember- I'm not looking for a racing motor, just a quick street motor, with
good low end, etc.
All comments will be appreciated.

Ray Lynch
Bugeye