Re: 1275 Engine rebuild.

To: guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Engine rebuild.
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:20:31 EST
In a message dated 1/29/02 3:06:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> What is the "Chilton manual"

Guy:

Chilton's is a series of auto and motorcycle repair manuals.  I checked the
Chilton web site ( <A HREF="http://www.chiltonsonline.com/";>Chilton's Auto
Repair Manuals</A> ) and don't believe that
they print the MG Midget, which covers the 1275 engine, among other MG autos.
 I did check and found one at a used book store:

 <A
HREF="http://www.alibris.com/search/detail.cfm?chunk=25&qtopic=MG%20Midget&S=R&bid=8040100244&page=1&matches=18&qsort=";>Alibris
 - Books You Thought You'd Never Find / Used, Rare, and Out-of-Print
Books</A>

I hope this helps.  I wouldn't use it as my first book, but it does cover the
1275 and 1500 engines, and has a great section on engine rebuilding.

--David C.