Re: yellow bugeye progress

To: PilotRob@webtv.net (Robert E. Shlafer), grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Subject: Re: yellow bugeye progress
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:03:23 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers -

If any of you REALLY want to find out what has been going on inside your
combustion chambers, there are fiberscopes available that permit this.  I
am using an illuminated fiberscope from Edmund Industrial Optics
(www.edmundoptics.com).  It shines a light down the fiber bundle to
illuminate the 'scene' and has a magnifying eyepiece for viewing.  I have
found 'nibbling' from pre-ignition that I had no aural cue to expect.  Neat
tool!

I have no financial interest in this company, etc., etc.

Clay L.
'67 sprite