Re: Rear glass for Bugeye hardtop

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear glass for Bugeye hardtop
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:33:31 -0500
sam!

it's your lucky day!  it just so happens that i have a rear glass in my
clothes closet !  i can make you an acurate template .   i dismantled my
factory hard top over 10 years ago to restore it.   it now is hanging up in
my garage over the roll up door , waiting for some fiberglass work that i
just never got around to doing.  i have my brackets refinished, latches
rechromed but upon stripping the paint off the top found that someone who
knew very little about working on fiberglass had severly damaged the gell
coat ( at spots) and tried to fix the mistake with body putty.   for my hard
top i need al the surrounding sealing rubber and weatherstrips.   my glass
rubber is fine but all else is either dry rotted or covered with blue paint
and ruined.  so the only safe spot in my mind for the rear glass was in the
rear of my closet!  i'd gladly make you a template, using a long single
piece of butcher paper.  i might need to wait untill monday when the family
will not see what i'm going to use the kitchen table for.....
so, send me your address and a template wil lbe on it's way to you before
mid week!

chuck.
yes brian....all this,  and airheart puck type calipers too!