Re: 1500 Weber and Timing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Weber and Timing
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:24:53 -0800
David,

The Lucas 45/DE4 electronic distrubutor (US SPEC) has vacuum retard not
advance (10 to 14 degrees). I seem to remember that the one I had had more
vaccum at idle but dropped off completely as the revs went up. Also the
timing set (2 to 10 degrees) is _After_ TDC not BTDC. Centrifugal advance
is varies by year, but it ranges from 1 to 19 degrees depending on RPM and
model year. The Bentley MG 1500 manual has all the specs.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints