Re: Sprite Test

To: "Roger Cotting" <rbc43@home.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite Test
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:13:39 -0500
we have found that instead of sticking the feeler gauge straight in and back
out (towards rocker and back out away from rocker ) that with a roller tip
you get a cheating reading that way.   try sliding the feeler side to side
between the roller tip and the valve stem.  this eliminates the roller's
action in the adjustment.   you get a "feel" with the gauge this way as with
the other way the roller tip may be rolling with the gauge and giving you a
bit of an odd feeling or reading.

chuck.
From "Roger Cotting" <rbc43 at home.com>