Moving a Sprite, need advice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Moving a Sprite, need advice
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 01:22:20 EST
Hello list. My wife received word last week that her sister is having health
problems in Florida. We are considering a move back to Florida to be close to
her family so we can help in any way we can.

My question is has anyone ever loaded a Spridget into the back of a 14 or 15
foot Penske or U-haul truck before? I have 3 vehicles right now and would
like to get all of them to Florida in a couple trips. The first trip will be
in a 24 foot Penske truck with all our belongings and the Dodge on a car
transport hooked to the back of the truck. For the second trip I wanted to
put the Sprite in the back of 15 foot Penske truck and put my Trans Am on the
back of that truck on a transport.

If anyone has put a Spridget in the back of a moving truck please e-mail me
with the information on how you got it into the truck and what you did to
block the wheels to keep it from rolling. Keep in mind that the engine and
gearbox have been removed. It's just a rolling shell at this point and will
probley have the front clip removed by the time the move occurs. It will
still have all for wheels on the ground. Any information will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Jamie
1962 Austin Healey Sprite MK II
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6