Generators vs. Alternators, was: bugeye alternators

To: "'Trisha'" <patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>, "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Generators vs. Alternators, was: bugeye alternators
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:01:08 -0600
I had a stereo in my old Porsche 356 that had a generator, and it worked
just fine.  Admittedly it wasn't a 400 megawatt killer blaster, but I could
enjoy the music at highly illegal speeds in a rather noisy coupe, so it was
decent.  Unless electronics have dramatically changed in the last few years,
why do you need an alternator to have a stereo?  I guess it doesn't effect
me, but I'm curious.

Coastie Bob
'74 Midget