Re: Adjusting Tachometer

To: Leo Speichinger <60bugeye@ev1.net>
Subject: Re: Adjusting Tachometer
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:22:48 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Leo,

Would this make a difference. Obviously it must as
tach is reading way too fast. Bugsy is a '68 Sprite
but engine is a '66 1098 that was transplanted by the
P.O. Tach works but whatever is sending the signal to
the tach must be different from the '66 1098 engine to
what the '68 tach is expecting to receive in the way
of a signal.

Looks to me the only solution is to get hold of a
dwell tach and adjust speed via potentiometer
accordingly. Thanks to all for their solutions and
helful ideas.

--- Leo Speichinger <60bugeye@ev1.net> wrote:
> The white wire is the power wire for the Tach.  The
> loops act in the same
> manner as a current transformer.  Ratio is changed
> or affected by the number
> of loops thru.  I can explain better in a drawing so
> if anyone is interested
> I will create one.
>
> Leo

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH