Valve settings

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve settings
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:19:45 -0500
Call me a DCO.

I have been a bit concerned about the way my car is running after I got the
new exhaust. Soooo last weekend I went and did some adjusting. I checked the
valve clearances and adjusted the carb (still the DGV, no SU's YET). Well I
set the valves to the stock setting and it seemed OK. But then I realized it
weren't quite right. DUH I put a modified cam in (JERK!!). So I went and
checked Ted Schumacher's email he sent me, last year, about timing this cam.
Well, stock is .025 cold. Ted told me (memory is such an evil thing) .018
intake and .020 exhaust HOT.

Now if memory (see there is that THING again) serves correctly heat expands
stuff. So I think Hot clearance should be tighter than cold settings. So I
may not be too far off, but I am still off, I think. Will have to do it all
over again anyway, but thought I would ask, I didn't screw up too bad did
I??

Live and learn,

Larry

PS anyone got a GOOD header for a 1500?? I just found out tonight mine is
cracked at the collector.

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget