Re: very little LBC; radio sizes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: very little LBC; radio sizes
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:01:09 EST
In a message dated 2/13/02 4:22:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Even if the depth exceeds that of the Midget console, you might be able to
> space
> the console away from the firewall enough to accommodate the
> radio/tapeplayer/cdplayer. In that case, the only thing you need to verify
> is
> that the CD or tape being inserted clears the shifter.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Just because I had it as an extra, I put the radio/tape from my Mitsubishi in
my '77 Midget.  It fits in the standard opening fine, but it is a bit too
deep.  When I shift into 1st or 3rd, it changes radio stations to the #1 or
#2 buttons.  I just set both of those buttons to the station I want to hear.
Maybe you won't be so easy going with your radio.

Since you are creating a custom console, you might try installing the radio
with the front toward the top (near the dash) and sloping your rear downwards
(excuse me!) so it fits a bit on a diagonal.  A longer radio will probably
fit that way, and access to the front controls and insertion slot (excuse me
again!) will be enhanced.

Just a thought.

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286