sebring 2002 update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: sebring 2002 update
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:41:08 -0500
well i had intended to offer a complete day by day offering of my on track
times to all of you.
the SVRA web site has no listing as of yet and atthis date i fear that may
not happen.
the sebring sitehas what they are calling a tennative sched. .  wich is what
i am going to share here now.
wed.  5:15-6:45 practice
thur.   5:15-6:45 practice / qualifying
fri.      10:45-12:15 HSR group race(s?)
sat.   9:10-9:30 parade laps
in the last few days i recieved a message from the SVRA saying there will be
an "enduro" (wich is usually around 1 hour in length) wich all entrants are
entered in and is optional as to participation.   ok what that means is i am
also running the enduro.  but there is no mention as to when (time of day)
or where(wich day ) in the sched. this is going to happen.
i have recieved many supportative messages from all over the globe from
spridgets list members.   thank you all for your support!  i can say i am
truly proud to know all of you personally or electronically.   back when we
first got a computer my wife cautioned me about the bizarre things that had
come to pass from people who had met through chat rooms.   initially i was
very concerned about this type of stuff and quite fearfull of inviting the
horrors wich i had been cautioned about to my home.  i feel very difrently
about this group.  (i realise this is not a chat room!  so let's not go
there in a bombardment of emails about that..please?)   my wife has seen me
do some very odd things (by her standards wich is ok by me) with and for
this group.  she does not understand the time i spend replying to numerous
messages a day (and once again that's ok with me too, i keep on trying to
help, if i can).   and again she does not understand visiting total
strangers at night to see their project (sorry about our hyper son...dave,
that was not one of his better nights).   but in spite of all this lack of
understanding she loves me and in spite of not sharing my enthusiasm for the
things i love to do , she has not forbidden me to continue.  so i continue.
my last part of this message is a group explanation of my up coming surgery.
as you all know i am the "world's largest sprite driver".  that has begun
and will continue to change.   yes i'm going to relinquish my HUGE throne!
(can ya hear my bugeye heaving a huge sigh of relief?)  april 24th i am
undergoing gastric bypass surgery .  this is frightening yet extremly
welcome by me!  i stand to loose 150-200lbs over time after this procedure.
yes!  it is risky but i have more health reasons (wich i should not get into
here) than the hopes of fitting into my riding leathers again.  so i do ask
for your support and understanding in spite of this procedure not being
accepted by many who feel diet is the way to reduce mass.  i'm going to have
way too much free time during my recovery , and you will all know
that...lol!   but once again i am comitted to this procedure and i have one
of the nation's leading surgeons doing my operation.   no fly by night hack
job for me.

so sebring and a hillclimb and then.....surgery!   aw c'mon  i'll still be
tall!   lol!  and they can not operate on my sense of humour!  :)  i'm
planning on being around for quite a while....for our son, my wife and the
rest of my family and friends.

chuck.
i realsie this is not an official spridget message of tech stuff.  but idid
feel since so many of you are showing your support for the sebring effort i
had to (felt obligated to) share what i knew about the event to date and a
little about what so many have been asking me about.  so thank you all very
much!  i will do evrything possible to do a good job of representing all of