Re: Advice

To: "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: Advice
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:13:03 -0500 FILETIME=[585C0B10:01C1B8F5]
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sounds like you've already made your decision and are looking for someone to
blame if it was the wrong decision.

Bob

>I finally got mad at the '71 yesterday because the list of problems kept
getting longer, so I shipped it off for a mechanic to check it out.  So far
the clutch will need replacing, carbs rebuilt, all hoses need replacing,
front suspension needs rebuilt, rear brakes shot (cylinders locked, etc),
needs new rotors, fuel lines, exhaust, top and floor pans.  On the other
hand, the compression is good and they got it to run off a can of ether.

>They have a '70 that has been almost totally rebuilt, which I haven't seen
yet, and even has some minilite replicas.  He said he'd trade that car for
my gold '75 (main bearings melted to crank), the '71, and about $1000.

(http://www.midgetweb.com/redcar.asp) on ebay and make a sweet profit...

>What should I do?  All I want is to have a Midget I can $#@!#@ drive for a
change.  Any suggestions?  I don't have time to complete that stuff myself,
so would be paying them for most of it, and they tend to be reasonable.
It's worth the money just to get it done.