RE: fuel tank sloshing compound

To: "'Geoff Branch'" <gjbranch@attbi.com>, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net, Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel tank sloshing compound
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:27:25 -0800
Geoff-
I've fixed some pretty marginal gas tanks with sloshing compound-- one on a
'65 Dodge that looked like lace!
Works very well.  Lots of suppliers advertize in hemmings.  POR-15 makes a
sloshing compound kit (Resto-motive Products), and they claim it is
impervious to re-formulated gas-- which I've heard has been a criticism.
BTW:  if you feel compulsive and think you might have a lot of flakey rust
in the tank, throw some bolts in and shake like crazy to loosen the stuff
up.  As an alternative, see if you can get access to a paint can shaker
(like at a hardware store or a body shop).  Vise in the tank and let her
rock and roll for a while.
--JohnD