rocker set

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: rocker set
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:56:59 -0800
I recently decided to swap out my ancient and worn rocker set to improve
idle oil pressure.  I found in the most recent MiniMania advert for the
Morris that they were offering a full rocker set (1.3 ratio) of modern
manufacture for $99.  I was assured they would be a perfect swap into a
1275.  Should be at my door when I get home tonight.  Seems like a good
price, I'll post again a few days with a review of them.

Whenever the idling oil pressure drops below about 35lbs, a seal in the
turbo bearing set 'relaxes' enough to allow seepage into the exhaust side of
the turbo and it lays down a smokescreen that would cover the getaway of a
battleship.  Blip the throttle a few revs to bring to pressure above 40 and
its completely gone.  Pretty much had me scratching my head till I figured
it out.   Much as I enjoy the turbo performance, it brings its own set of
problems to figure out.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye