1958 Frogeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1958 Frogeye
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 01:27:06 -0500 (EST)
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
John of Sports & Classics turned me on to
a Frog available at the Stamford Volvo
preowned lot. Totally restored in Leaf Green, with new interior,
carpets, etc.

Car pulled up and I could swear I was
looking at my own car equipped with wire
wheels (also in apparent exc. shape with
new Yoko M&S rubber); nearly a spitting
image.

Vehicle represented as totally restored ex-
Arizona car, rust free. Floors do look
original though it is possible somebody
did a completey pro welding job. All
mechanicals definitely look the part though engine ID plate missing.
Also
door ID plates missing as well. Under-
bonnet restoration also first class and
clean as a whistle. Can not vouch for
internal shape of mechanicals however,
all sounded fine as vehicle pulled into lot.
and engine bay spotless.

Heater metal outlets and defroster elbows
and tubing missing at this point, otherwise
everything "there". Very minor corrosion on chrome shift lever.
Dashboard newly
covered in black "correct" material as are
seats and door internals. Gauges, etc., in
excellent, "new" condition. New vinyl top
and frame is of later type with "springs".

Could not see radio however, retractable
antennea mounted in left side of trunk.

Car looks absolutely new, inclusive of
door panel and bonnet gaps. The bonnet
could be "adjusted" a bit to close rocker
gap on left side of car. All drum brakes and new chrome grille, bumpers,
etc.

Vehicle is priced at $15K and if mechanical internals are in as good
shape
as the rest of the car, not unreasonably
so IMHO. Car certainly looks the part.

No financial interest on my part. Just
passing the word to anyone who might
be "looking" as I already have my perfect,
"properly" ugraded Frog.

Car may go on Ebay shortly according to
Mike Clarke (800-281-8658 or 203-978-
5780) at above asking price. Took about
5 pictures of car (along with pictures of
Judson/SU "stub" manifold for Judson types!) and will have these back
next
week. Of course, car may be on Ebay by
then, anyway, for all to see.

Cap'n. Bob