RE: Dealing with Buying a Car

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dealing with Buying a Car
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:56:07 -0500
And of course, you would be foolish to think that there are many folks
that stand by their WORD anymore...............

I had a very interesting experience last month when I bought my "new"
1987 F-350 Crew Cab. I took it for a test drive after work and returned
to the car lot about 45 minutes later. I told the dealer that I would
like to have the truck and would return the following evening with the
money, as the credit union was closed. He said fine, he would lock it up
so no one would bother it. No deposit was asked for. The next evening,
AFTER I handed him the money, he asked if I planned to take it then. I
said I had hoped it would be ok to pick it up on Saturday, so I could
get my car home too. He replied, "Good, there are a few little things we
wanted to fix to make sure you are happy with it". Do people really buy
15 year old trucks and not expect to find "a few little things" wrong
with them? Needless to say, I would gladly buy another rig from these
people, and have no qualms at recommending them to others.
Kate