Re: Piston and Cam questions, NOW with HP considerations

To: David N Waldmann <david@vermonthardwoods.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Piston and Cam questions, NOW with HP considerations
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:20:52 -0800
I can take some digital pics of what the pistons and cylinder walls look
like on a 73.5 overbore after cylinder wall flex destroys the pistons.  Been
there, done that.  The torque is phenomenal, the engine life, about 8,000
miles, and believe me, the damage to the cylinder walls cannot be corrected
by going to 74.00.  And there is not enough metal left to even put cylinder
liners in.  I keep the block around to remind me not to try it again.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino