PALO ALTO BRITMEET IS BACK!!!!!!

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: PALO ALTO BRITMEET IS BACK!!!!!!
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:32:58 -0800 (PST)
Cc: marcos@autox.team.net, riley@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Dear California British Car Enthusiast:

Yep, we're back - and at the same time and place!  El Camino Park in Palo
Alto on September 8th!!! Last year's, last minute, street renovation
project is finished and we are back on line as usual. This is the first
notification this year as we just confirmed the date with Palo Alto. There
still are some details to be worked out.

GOOD NEWS!  The American MGB Association will once again be having their
National West Coast Convention at this meet so the MGB and Midgets will be
the featured marque.

NOT SORTED YET - The British Car Magazine Tour, usually held the day before
(this year would be Sept. 7th), is in question as the Magazine principals
have plans to be in the UK that week but we are working on some other tour
plans for this year - more information to follow.

BAD NEWS!  The Greater Los Angeles British Car Meet is still without a
home. -  Woodley Park in Van Nuys will not be available to us this year and
we are still looking for a new place - It is hard to find a place that will
let cars park on the lawn. We are talking about a much smaller and more
expensive event at an LA Automotive Museum but it will be a seriously
different type of event. We will keep you posted.

Once again, we thank you for your patients last year with all of the
problems that we had with our events. It was amazing that they all came up
at the same time. Palo Alto is back, better than ever, and Los Angeles is
still planned for mid-October SOMEPLACE. Hope to see you, and your British
car at an event soon.

Cheers,
Rick Feibusch
Meet Coordinator

     THE PALO ALTO BRITISH CAR MEET RETURNS
          SUNDAY,  September 8th, 2002

Be part of the biggest all British automotive lawn event in California.
over 600 classic, quirky and thoroughly lovable British cars are expected
to fill the field at El Camino Park in Palo Alto, for the 25th Annual Palo
Alto British Car Meet.

Don't have a show car?  Don't worry!  Daily drivers, vintage racers, street
rods & works-in-progress are as welcome as concours quality show cars.
Great British food, jazz, parts, literature, toys and gifts and more fun
than you'll be able to tolerate!  People's Choice awards will be given in
five classes. Join your British car friends for a smashing day at the park.

There is no preregistration. Cars will be placed on the field by marque,
starting at 9:00AM, and the fun goes on all day long. The registration fee
is $25 per car at the gate. All participants will receive a commemorative
gift. Spectators park and attend free.

El Camino Park is located on the El Camino Real, just north of University
Avenue, oppisite the Stanford Shopping Center, From 101 take University Ave
west, go under the Alma Street overpass, and turn right onto the El Camino
Real. From 280, take the Sandhill Road Exit east and turn right on the El
Camino. Trailer parking is available on-site at the park. DO NOT PARK
TRAILERS IN THE SHOPPING CENTER PARKING LOT PLEASE!

For information call: 310-392-6605 or email: "Britmeet 2001"
<rfeibusch@loop.com>
or visit us on the web at:  http://www.autowire.net/2001-28.html