Re: Help Part Needed

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Help Part Needed
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:24:15 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David Riker wrote:

> I need a functioning catalytic converter.   (Steve you hear
> nothing of this, OK?)

What was that again?...  Wrong department.  DMV has nothing to do with smog.  I
will, however, gladly forward your message to BAR and ARB..

I used to know this certain person in Sacramento who had a certain '79 Midget
(sold to a lady in Nevada) who had a welded up, hollow, cat convertor, and
always
had no trouble passing, but his car was all stock, including the pistons...  I
do
know this same person got a one time exemption for costs when EGR valves were
unobtanium and if you could find one they were $400 from certain suppliers whose
name is the same thing that a rolling stone gathers none of.  You might try for
the one time cost exemption, but I'm not sure if they will do it for a cat or
not.  You will also have to take it into a BAR referee station to obtain same.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of guy who had all those smog
problems...

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq