glass bead dust

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: glass bead dust
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:31:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> What is the best media to be using for general bugeye parts cleanup, > and
>powder coating prep?

Glass beads do not remove metal, sand, and aluminum oxide do.
Walnut shells and plastic are safe too but take longer and do not last too long.
But glass bead dust contains silicas and they will kill you.
Not me, my lungs are sealed with tar from cigarette smoke.
But do take dust precautions when blasting. good ventilation in the shop along
with a dust collection system of some sort from the cabinet.

If nothing else, every shop needs a fan and a fire extinquisher.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ