Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:47:26 -0600
I built my own cabinet using (modified) plans and parts from www.tptools.com
. Works great for me. Spend the extra money and get a foot pedal control.
I've used a lot of different abrasives, baking soda to steel shot, and I
still think glass beads are best overall. I started out using a good shop
vac that lasted about a week. I bought a new Rigid vac from Home Despot that
didn't last much longer, but hey, it was warranted for life. The clerks told
me not to use the new one they had to give me for dry wall dust anymore. (I
had to tell them something.) So, I used the motor and fan from an old
upright vac that my wife had been trying to get me to fix and ran the
exhaust outside through a clothes drier vent. It works better than a shop
vac and since the motor isn't in the dust stream at all it should last a
long time.
                                Jim K.