re: Cosworth wheels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Cosworth wheels
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 02 16:58:48 EST
per Gerard...
>>Also, Vega wheels typically have too small a center bore to fit properly,
>>and must be enlarged. I doubt the offset will fit under a SWA, especially
>>at 6 inches.

  Hi Gerard!
  My Spridget has the big front brakes (from before I got it).  I don't
think that affects the center of the hub; however, I also never had any
problem using Vega GT wheels except for some thin spacers to prevent
rubbing against the steering arm.  Maybe there are some tolerance
differences on wheels and hubs to account for this?
  You're right about the SWA fit.  I tried some Vega GT rims on the back
of my parts car.  They only fit if you do -not- use tires. ;-)
    Ed in NC