A Spridget Kinda Day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A Spridget Kinda Day
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:44:05 -0800
I went to work this morning at 8:30 AM. The railroad sent me from Los
Angeles to Barstow in a van (they call it deadheading) to be in place
this evening to take a train back to Los Angeles.  If you think this
confuses you, it also confuses me as there are crew in Barstow all the
time.  Anyway, on my drive back home to San Bernardino to wait for my
call to go back to work, I passed a CV2 with European license plate
only.  The driver was a kid with a striped stocking cap.  Touring the
US?  Amazingly the CV2 was keeping up with traffic (at least on the
downhill stretch of the Cajon Pass).  It was kinda Kawasaki Green and
gave me quite a laugh.  Later while I was running errands in my Bugeye
(don't tell my insurance company) I met a guy at the bank that has a
Bugeye that has been sitting for years under a tarp (he bought it in
1973!)  and a Lotus Super Seven with no engine and a Big Healey project
car.  We talked Sprites for about a half hour and I think I have him
convinced to get his Bugeye running again.  I said I would help if he
needed it and invited him to one of our local LBC club meetings.  I got
his e mail address and am sending him a few links like the list and
Gerard's web site for inspiration.   Hope he decides to put another
Bugeye back on the road.  It was a nice day for a ride.  You meet the
nicest people.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite