Re: stuck in first....(and free parts!}

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: stuck in first....(and free parts!}
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:19:19 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Thanks, Chuck

When I rebuilt my ribcase a few years ago before switching to a 5-sp,  I had
the same problem of locking into gear and deduced at the time that it was
overtravel on the slider.  I picked out a washer thick enough to do the
trick and all was good.  I thought I had done something else wrong and that
the washer was the fix for some other problem I had inadvertently created.
Nice to hear that it was just another case of "English tolerances"
Now, of course, I realize that I have a gold seal quality tranny rotting in
my sideyard.  This tranny is still free to the first listmember to show up
at my place and claim it.  I also have a crappy, dented, rusted up bugeye
bonnet free to the first listmember that wants it.  (Rick!  If you really
want it, come on up!)

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye