Home Stretch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Home Stretch
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:03:20 -0800
Well,  the yellow 77 Midget I've been working on is very near completion.
Today was a very important day.  She passed California Smog inspection and
received her tags!  Huge thank you to Stephan of this list who had a spare
catalytic converter and heat shield.  I hate to say this, but what started
out as a project to turn a few spare parts into a quick buck has turned into
a loosing proposition from a cash standpoint, but now I'm so darned attached
to her I can't stop.  This is a sickness.  I already have a perfectly good
midget.  The deal with my wife is when it's done, it gets sold. :(   What am
I to do?

OK, question time for RB pro's.  On my 74, the brake and clutch pedal are
the same height.  On the 77, the clutch pedal is lower, like it's partially
depressed. I've eliminated all of the play by drilling out the pushrod and
pedal and installed an oversized pin.  Clutch is completely bled, no air
bubbles visible in clear clutchline.  Slave cylinder is rebuilt, and all
parts have been compared to spares I have on the shelf, but the clutch still
doesn't release until  the pedal is completely to the floor.  It just seems
that if the pedal rose to the same height as the brake pedal, I'd have more
throw, and the clutch would release higher.  As it is I've got the carpet
and floor mat removed to achieve full clutch release.  Advise?  I'm thinking
about lengthening the clutch master pushrod.
David Riker
74 Midget
77 Midget
63 Falcon