Bugsy's First Drive

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugsy's First Drive
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:50:54 -0800 (PST)
Temps got up to 65 degrees in Dayton today and Bugsy
got the chance to take his first real ride out in the
big wide world inhabited by predators like huge SUV's
and gasp Semi's and Dump trucks. Top down and equipped
with his new plates that read BUGSY 01 his first stop
was the gas station. 5 gallons filled the tank and
away we went down to the local MG Store here in
Dayton. There Bugsy got to meet several distant
cousins including a nice TR-6 and a Triump Herald. He
seems happy and content, motor purring, tranny making
usual noises, didn't over heat, brakes worked well if
you pump the pedal twice, and all in all for a first
time out and really first time driving a LBC I had
lots of fun.

Impressions - lots of body roll, maybe shocks really
need to be refilled up with oil. Rear end seems bouncy
going down the road at approx 40 mph and doesn't seem
like it's cooperating with the rest of the car.
Acceleration is adequate, could definitely use more HP
but it will get Bugsy down the road. Rear shoes need
adjustment but I'll do some more driving to get them
broken in. Stereo installation sounds good. I can hear
it over the roar of the engine and tranny. Lots of
engine heat transmitted into the cockpit. CLosed up
heater vent and tranny access cover . That helped but
this is a warm car to drive even with all vents closed
and top down.

Need to finish up interior installation and get
passenger seat completely reinstalled. Seat belts seem
rather Mickey Mouse. Anyone got an extra set of Black
Seat Belts with retractor mechanism they want to sell.
Hopefully later year seat belts have a more secure
seat belt buckle / tightening mechanism.

Funs over fore the day, time to go back to work to
make some money to pay for Bugsy.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH