Nut and bolt torques

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nut and bolt torques
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:39:30 -1000
I'm putting together my 60/65/71 bugeye spridget sub systems and now I have
a question as to the torque of common nuts and bolts. All of the nut and
bolt are being replaced with grade 8 or grade 5 when I can't spend the time
to go 60 miles one way to the local Ace Hardware for resupply. Now the
question. What is the accepted torque for a 5/16",3/8"and 1/2" nut and or
bolt? In my 40+ years of wrenching (at home for myself) I know I've seen a
table but I can't for the life of me remember where. As usual any and all
help will be appreciated.
Roger Smith