Re: seal windshield to body

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seal windshield to body
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:18:49 -0800 (PST)
Robert,
Having read all the horror stories of removing and
replacing the windshield (with all new seals)I
hesitantly started the job on my 76 MGB. I in fact
used your run of the mill cooking corn oil as the
lubricant. The windshield to body seal has been
reported a two person job, one pushing the seal in the
track while the other pulls, several hours to complete
the task. After lubricating the seal it took me
about... 2 minutes. I was so shocked I removed the
seal and tried it again... 3 minutes ( only because I
was sucking on the recommended beverage of choice). I
used corn oil on all the seals with great results!
Installing the windshield assembly back on the car was
a different story however. Sounds silly but vegetable
oil is cheap and works good.
Larry Pitts