RE: tire choice

To: "'Glen Byrns'" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Subject: RE: tire choice
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 13:54:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen,

The Porsche guys really like the Kumho's, say they are a very good
street/autocross tire for the price, wear well, stick good in both wet and
dry, and the belts don't come apart on hard breaking like some better known
tires (my Dunlops come to mind).  One idea put forth on that list is that
they are underpriced in an attempt to gain market share.  I have no idea how
they are in Spridget sizes, but they come highly recommended in the
225/50-16 size.  I'm going to give them a try on the big car.  Just a data
point.

Bob
'74 Midget
'90 944S2