Re: SU Article and Saab Rally car

To: "Roger Cotting" <rbc43@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Article and Saab Rally car
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:05:36 -0400
well , ya know it's funny!   the air cleaner on my sports racer is a copy i
made from eric johnson's original from eric carlson's rac rally winning car.
i took the original and made templates from it and sat and hand hammered the
lower section of the bowl looking portion and then began brazing piece by
piece the rest of the assembly to recreate the optional saab tuning dual
element aircleaner wich sat upon a solex 44P-II 2bbl down draft set up.
now i have not seen the car in 2 years or the article.(might not have the
2bl on it ?)   but to have been a properly tuned "mixer" 2 stroke it would
have competed with that carb set upon it.   although the 2bbl was a
notorious hard starter with no choke and was uncommonly hard to tune.   so
most cars got one installed and it's newness wore off quite quickly!
resulting in the 1bbl solex 40AI being reinstalled.
yup i know that car intimately!

chuck.
it'll be around 2 months befoe i'm allowed by my dr. to drive in competition
again *sad*...c.