RE: Run-on

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g47HkBO25062
Subject: RE: Run-on
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:46:04 -0500 namics.com>
I had a similar problem with my Bugeye at one time.
Turned out the plugs that I bought from the local
auto parts store were too hot.  They were the only
ones in stock at the time, so I bought them.  Switched
back to cooler plugs and everything worked fine
from there.

-Rob
'59 Sprite

List:
I have just bought a gorgeous '74 Midget - 2 owners, last owner a lady
for 20 years. Unfortunately this makes 4 Miodgets, one has to go and its
probably this one. But in the meantime I am enjoying it - except for the
run-on. I have the carbs and ignition set up as best I can per the book
for '74 for the emissions test here but the run-on is as bad as ever. I
know it does not need to do this - I have another '74 which does not
run-on but how do I get rid of it? Our local parts supplier has an
anti-run-on kit which is only a solenoid valve to let air into the inlet
manifold. Is there another way? Thanks, Alan