Re: need an automatic?

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: need an automatic?
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:53:07 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,
     In 1971 I bought a new Honda Z600 orange coupe.  It kinda looked like a
stubby, small 240Z with a hatchback rear window.  The rear window looked like a
diver's mask, or so I was told.  The car came with a 598 cc two cylinder
motorcycle motor and I believe, 10 inch tires.  A Road and Track article at the
time explained how to up the performance of this car and I did.  I bored it out
to 750 cc and used the Honda 750 cc motorcycle pistons.  I added a high rise cam
and oversized valves.  The head was ported and polished.  I put Koni shocks all
the way around and added wider tires.  The car would stick to the road like a
slot car.  The top end went from 75 MPH to 110 MPH, but you could not sustain
that speed for long, the engine would burn up.  I burned it up twice.  All the
independent Honda Mechanic did was to remove the top and bottom of the engine,
hone it out in the car and add new pistons and rings.  It cost me a lot of
bucks,
but it was worth it to see the face of the big Detroit iron V8 driver's faces
when you passed them on the freeway at over 100 MPH in something that could fit
in their trunk.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite