Re: need an automatic?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need an automatic?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:51:18 EDT
In a message dated 5/7/02 12:05:20 PM, millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< The guy I sold the N600 to still has it
and it still runs. Now there was a car that fun to drive. Anybody ever have
one of those? >>

I don't remember an N or a Z, but we had a Honda 600 (1971 I think) that very
much resembled a mini on the outside.  Bob bought it new for $1700 out the
door, drove it to work and school for about five to seven years.  I drove it
to work for a while, and finally got it sandwiched between a Datsun and a
parked 1-1/2 ton truck.  The car parked next to the  truck was damaged, the
Honda was smashed in front and rear, the Datsun front end was smashed in, and
every window on the Honda was  intact, along with all of the passenger
compartment.  If  I hadn't hit my knee on the heater handle, there would have
been no  injury at all to me--pretty impressive.  Oh yes, we had good records
for a recent rebuild, and the insurance company totalled it out 9 years later
at $1500.  A really good accident story.

By the way.  Our Festiva is being fixed by a member of the Healey club to
commute in, so it is going to see a few more good days yet.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)