Rear hub bearings

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g4AHXGO29044
Subject: Rear hub bearings
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:45:04 -0400
Anyone changed their rear hub bearings recently?

I changed one last night (I was in there curing an axle leak, so I
figured I may as well change the bearing as well, even though the
existing one seemed OK), and the new bearing has noticeably more play in
it that the one I removed!  Before the half shaft is slid back in, I can
wiggle the hub.  With the half shaft in, it feels much better, but
should it be that sloppy in the first place?

The kit I used was from Moss.  Did I get a junky bearing that I'd be
better off not using?

I have a kit for the other side too, and it appears to be just as
sloppy.  Haven't fitted it yet, and wondering whether I should!

Phil