Alternator mount options

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator mount options
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:33:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Gang,

In my 1972 midget, all original 1275 the ear off the water pump where the
alternator mount goes is badly cracked and about to break. I know this is a
common problem due to over tourqe of the belt. My question is this: Has anyone
succesfully made an alternate mount for the upper part of the alternator? While
perusing this problem it seems as though a stand off type bracket could be made
using a bracket piece from some other type of auto.  For now the belt is still
turning the alt and the water pump and I wont travel too far from the garage
for now.  I don't really want to buy another water pump to fix this right now.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Lon /RedMidget
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience