Clutch Parts Life FILETIME=[56AB8BB0:01C1F9BE]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Clutch Parts Life FILETIME=[56AB8BB0:01C1F9BE]
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:19:41 -0500
What is the average life of your clutch components? We have had the 68
for about 6 or 7 years now, and I have not ever changed out anything in
the drivetrain. I have been hearing from time to time, as sound like a
spring popping when I have taken off from stop signs and stop lights.
Now last night, the clutch decided to get difficult. It won't shift
easily and makes a low growling when the pedal is depressed. FWIW, I
ALWAYS shift into neutral when sitting still. For all you new owners who
are not yet driving your car, or have just started, DO NOT SIT AT IDLE
WITH YOUR FOOT ON THE CLUTCH PEDAL. This will wear out your carbon fiber
throwout bushing and create downtime for you. Anyway, what is the
expected life of the clutch assembly?
Thanks, Brad