Wheel studs

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel studs
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:05:51 -0400
When I put my rear tires back on this past weekend I snapped off two wheel
studs with seemingly no effort.  I'm no he-man and I sure wasn't trying to
torque them, what gives?  I also noted that there were at least two
different lengths so this has happened before.  Could this be a result of
over tightening at some point in the past?  Perhaps a bad set?  Is there a
fix to this type of problem?

Should I have them all replaced with new to be sure, and is this a job for a
newbie?  I prefer to keep the wheels attached to the car when cornering.

Thanks as always,
Mike in Chapel Hill
74 Midge