Re: Tonneau Cover question

To: millerb@ivwnet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, lbc@littlebitcountry.com
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover question
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 06:00:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/02 11:45:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
millerb@ivwnet.com writes:

> The support bar keeps you from creating a pond when it rains
> Then the pond seeps through the zipper.
> Then soaks the seats
> Then you have a wet cold ride back from the campground.
> ....And you wife is not happy about it.

I found that just the support bar was not enough to stop the pooling (it
pooled in front of the cross bar), so I designed a bar that hooks around the
stock side-to-side bar and  over the dashboard, and gives the tonneau front
to back support as well.  Pictures are posted somewhere, I think--Gerard, are
they on your site?   I remember sending them to interested Spridgeteers.
This gives the tonneau a "T" support and makes it much tighter, totally
eliminating the pooling and dripping.  Much drier inside now.

--David C.