Re: Lbc grill question

To: Bree Anna <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Lbc grill question
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:24:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Bree Anna wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Is it posssible to remove a "rubber" bumper grill on
> one of these lbc's in exchange for a "chrome"
> one? if so, how much trouble and cost would
> be involved?

I have known of a few people who removed their rubber bumpers and changed out
the
grill. Finding a good chrome grill can be a lengthy search, as often the
uprights
are bent or rusted. I found a good grill framework that had a few good uprights
and a bad one from an MGB that donated the balance. I needed to shorten the
pieces from the B, but that was a fairly simple procedure. The uprights that are
only slightly bent can be straightened using a piece of wood to fit and a gentle
tap with a hammer.
Kate