Re: A series Dry Sump

To: Retters@aol.com
Subject: Re: A series Dry Sump
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:17:31 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Same as dry sumping any engine - you need a big oil tank and a lot of hose
and I think the tank design incorporates an oil/air seperator.  I can't see
much point in dry sumping an A-series because the extra weight in the
installation (2nd pump, big tank, lots of piping) along with the power draw
to drive the 2nd pump (usually belt driven from the engine) does balance the
equation with the reduced windage gains on a engine that isn't ever going to
produce more than 145 bhp (compared to say a bigger race bred engine
producing 275+ or whatever).

Why do you ask?  Have you considered a neat scraper and windage tray in the
sump?

RS