on the road again

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: on the road again
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:21:52 -0400
I finally put the 67 back together this past weekend
it's been parked for 5 weeks becuase the old tired ribcase let go
end of the school year husband and father duties kicked in and kept the car
parked longer than I wanted.

While I had the engines and trannys out of the driver and the parts car I
started measuring, inspecting and tweaking.
The end result was the engine and tranny from the parts car in the driver w/ a
few extras
head ported per stage 1 in Vizard
mild cam already in the spare engine
1.5 ratio rockers
single SU4 modified like you wouldn't believe - every tweak in the Vizard book
except epoxy smoothing to the bridge
adjustable ram pipe
mechanical advance distributor

It took a little tuning to get the single carb running smoothly w/o flat spots,
but it was worth it
I'll never use multiple carb again

Tommy
67 Sprite
69 part donor - parts for sale to help fund the MGA resto
61 MGA resto project