Re: [midgetsprite] rollbars and rollovers

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] rollbars and rollovers
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:26:17 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
"...but, you really shouldn't be driving that fast on the street...."

Correctomundo...it's when the "other guy"
gives you that unexpected "hit"...as in
"accident" and the curb (or something else
"low down") gets in the way...or, he hits
you "just right" given the circumstances or
conditions...

You can be doing everything right and GET "rolled over"!!

Other than that, it is amazing as to how
rollover resistant the Spridget really is.

My '67 Spridget got hit by a rather large bread truck which spun me
across 3 lanes of RT. 95 into the energy absorbing center
divider. The car spun beautifully upon it's
vertical axis with absolutely no inclination
to roll whatsoever. I was more than a little
amazed. Thought for sure it would roll under these circumstances, left
to it's own
devices.

Wrongomundo....., and happily so!! :)

Cap'n. Bob