ironic-home improvement-auction block

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: ironic-home improvement-auction block
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:11:29 -0500
Hah!

Just got my long needed new asphalt driveway put in...150'  long, 3 + cars
wide at the front, expanding to 6+ wide with a slot alongside the garage to
stash the (soon to be sold) motorhome.

I made sure my 1959 Healey 100-6 that I've owned since high school (1974)
was the first car to drive on and be washed on the new pavement..

Now... seeing as I own at least a dozen (please don't make me count)
British cars, you'd think one of them would be the first to christen the new
surface with an oil leak.

Nu uh... that honor goes to my 1970 FJ40 LandCruiser. I hadn't driven it in
3 years, started it up... letting it idle... when a puddle of oil starts
spreading underneath it. "Son of a bitch.. you motherf****".

The Napa oil filter had rusted out. How does that happen?

Amazing.

Anyway...part of the "Casa del Flounder" home improvement project includes,
new roof, new deck (Frank???) and some other smaller projects.

Financing some if  this is my "Vehicle Liquidation Program". I used to have
storage for a bunch of additional project cars at a barn, but that property
was sold to the Forest Preserve. Also, divorce, etc. causes a realignment of
priorities, future plans, and of course... finances. So, whereas my old plan
was to buy future projects when I could find them, and get to them in my old
age... my new theory is other than race cars, everything's a driver, and
only one (or two) project cars waiting in the wings.

So (he said, long windedly..) soon to be sold include...

3 Healey BN1 100-4s
1968 Volvo 1800S
1967 Volvo 122 wagon
1963 VW Karman Ghia coupe
1963 VW Type III Notchback sunroof
1970 GMC 3/4 ton pick up Custom Camper (with 1 ton rear axle)
1984 Winnebago 26' motorhome

Digital photos will be available soon, and unless folks speak up, they'll
all go to E-Bay.

WST