Exhaust Coating & Underhood Heat

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Coating & Underhood Heat
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:13:42 -0400
The place that I recommend is Swain Tech Coatings.  I have had stuff
dropshipped to them and they handled it wonderfully.  Their coatings are
quite a bit better than either JetHot or HPC's (I have tried both before
switching to Swain) in terms of insulation qualities.  If you want looks, go
with JetHot or HPC, if you want performance go with Swain.  Having said
this, my Sprite headers were coated by HPC before I found Swain, I
ultimately had to use header wrap to lower fuel temps to what I wanted...

Here is their website http://swaintech.com/

No other ties than a satisfied customer.

In terms of ducting air to the carbs, this does very little good.  My
suggestions would be more heatshielding around the cat, stick some type of
insulating spacer between the carbs and manifold, insulate the fuel lines
(both before and in between the carbs), coat the headers, and then wrap the
headers if vapor lock is still a problem.

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite