RE: Spark Plugs indexing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spark Plugs indexing
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:20:13 -0500
Exactly so. I spent a week one day at our counter, with several boxes of
plugs and a cylinder head, 948, trying to help a customer get the most
depth AND correct clock orientation yet leaving room in the combustion
chamber for the wayward piston. Believe it or not, AND THIS IS NOT A PLUG
RECOMMENDATION,  we ended up with a extra long projected tip as used in
some early 80s Toyotas. Best done with the head off. The ground electrode
isn't always in the same clock position relative to the threads, I found.
And, the cylinder head holes aren't necessarily identically tapped either.
         PITA, but at some level it may be worth the extra work.
         Peter C
==