Dist Problem FILETIME=[A080CA60:01C2126F]

To: "Race, Group" <I-Race@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "YahooGroups, SpriteMidget" <lbcandnonlbc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Dist Problem FILETIME=[A080CA60:01C2126F]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:24:07 -0500
I have decided that the reason the 65 Sprite won't fire is because the
dizzy gear is off a couple of teeth. I have #1 at TDC, with #4 intake
starting to open and exhaust just closed. In that position, the rotor is
pointing at #4 rather than #1 piston. The slot is in an almost vertical
position rather than close to horizontal. I have the dizzy out, and the
sleeve wont come out. I can get it to spin if I tap it with a punch, but
I cant get it to come out. Is it safe to use a puller and put pressure
on the dizzy drive shaft that is down in the block?? Any other ideas??
The engine IS in the car..............
Brad