Re: Al cleaner

To: "Kevin & Kathy Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Al cleaner
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:50:00 -0700
Kevin,

Not sure exactly your goal, but if you're going for the polished aluminum
look, you'll need to sand off the anodizing first, which is no small job in
itself. You should proably start with nothing more agressive that 320 grit
and work your way through 400 and 600. You could start finer, but given the
scratches you'll probably want to remove, starting at 400 will take you a
long time. Once you've accomplished that, Mother's Polish does a great job.
I also will use a rouge wheel to finish. After that, Mother's will keep it
in nice shape. (Buy the large one)

Gerard