Re: Heater valve fix

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater valve fix
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:56:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/24/02 11:14:36 AM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<< We go to the Vizard "bible" for who else
(besides David Anton) knows these engines as well. >>

Oh Nuts!!

Another darned "everybody knows it to be true and it's backed up by the
experts" that just isn't in my experience.  In the early '60's, I made a trip
at least monthly all summer to Winterhaven CA, where I kept a boat at my
parent's place.  Winterhaven is across the river from Yuma, AZ and summer
temperatures are generally 110 to 120F.  I kept the heater shut off all
summer long, without overheating problems.  No, Cap'n, Bob wasn't around to
save me this time, either.  This is pretty much highway driving, rarely less
than 55.  I did wait until sundown  to start the trip home, but generally
drove at least the 25 miles to town and back during the day.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)