Another weird problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Another weird problem
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:35:05 -0400
Well my recored radiator is in along with my aluminum flywheel.
I also replaced the rocker cover with a stock one since the Speedwell
bonnet just touched the oiul filler cap on my aluminum rocker cover.
Ok, the car revs up real nice with the alum flywheel, no noticable
clutch difference as some mentioned. I decided to drive by the MTV beach
house when all of a sudden clouds of white smoke started pouring out of
my tail pipe. It was so bad I couldn't see any of the MTV beach babe
groupies!
Coming back across the bridge, an old friend pulls up next to me and
coughs. At first I was going to give him a blast of Joisey crap but he
owns an MGB/GT. He asked what was wrong, I didn't know. I figured I blew
the engine. I mean smoke like thick fog.
At home I fogged out the garage and neighborhood while checking things
out.
All I did was redirect the PCV from the t/cover to the valve cover.
Well that must have been the cause, I put the hose back on the t/cover
and the smoke gradually subsided. I did notice it started smoking on
hard right corners maybe rocker cover oil was getting into the hose.
I sure hope that was the problem. or maybe I should have downshifted to
4th instead of 3rd going around the curve.

Oh and that no oil leak I mentioned. Huh! THAT didn't last long.
As near as I can tell, it's coming out of the head/block or it leaks
where the 1275 tag is riveted to the block.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ